Home Headlines A 10-year-old boy dies of carbon monoxide poisoning, mother believed he caught...

A 10-year-old boy dies of carbon monoxide poisoning, mother believed he caught a bug

Nausea, tiredness, seizures, dizziness, confusion and unconsciousness are some effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

0
SHARE

A 10-year-old boy Gavin Klebs was suffering from the symptoms of flu during the holiday, he died in bed of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Gavin was living in a cabin near the Big Lake in Alaska with his sister and his mother, when the flu-like symptoms started — vomiting.

Ten-year-old boy dies in bed after mum mistook carbon monoxide poisoning for the flu

According to Sarah Klebs his mother, Gavin had the flu virus and his sister already had complained of flu virus’ symptom like a headache.

The family believed that they had caught a bug and went to the bed. On the very next day, all three family members — Gavin, his mother Sarah Klebs and his sister Caroline found unconscious in their cabin, they became unresponsive because of carbon monoxide which is completely tasteless and has no smell.

Gavin mother Sarah Klebs and his sister Caroline found unresponsive in bed on August 20, they were taken to the Mat-Su Regional Medical Center then they flown to the Seattle in order to get the hyperbaric chamber oxygen treatment.

Unfortunately, Gavin lost the battle and failed to survive. The investigator found the cause of this mishappening. The defaulted propane-powered fridge was leaking carbon monoxide into the cabin when they three slept at night which took Gavin’s life and lead Mrs. Klebs and Caroline to the medical center.

The family was planning to install the carbon monoxide detector in their cabin in winter but unfortunately, it turned into the biggest tragedy of their life as it leaves the family with tears.

According to Mrs. Klebs, she did not know that her daughter and son were being poisoned, she believed that they caught the flu.

Mrs. Klebs told Alaska Dispatch News, “Prior to this, I never would have thought about it.”

Nausea, tiredness, seizures, dizziness, confusion and unconsciousness are some effects of carbon monoxide poisoning. In order to help the Klebs family in this hard time, GoFundMe page has been set up to collect money for them.

LEAVE A REPLY