All Apple iPhones and iPads have a problem which is known as the Zombie Apps. Zombie apps are the problem that every iPhone user face whenever they delete any application from their device. What is Zombie Apps? Zombie applications are the apps that appear on your screen even after removing them from the device. For example, if you delete WhatsApp from your Apple device and but it appears again on your home screen.
The reason this happens is that the users don’t delete the data files from the iCloud and when the user changes the device and enters the iCloud application for backup and data restoration, the unwanted apps start to appear on the homescreen. If you want to delete the data files permanently, you can follow these easy steps and get free from those unwanted apps.
Steps to delete the application
- Long Press the app you desire to remove.
- The apps will start to wiggle, tap on the cross (X) sign in the upper-left corner of the application.
- You’ll see a dialogue box saying “Delete” along with the name of the app. Click Delete.
- Press the home button or click done after the app gets removed.
Steps to delete the application from iCloud
- Enter the setting of your Apple device.
- Click on your profile.
- Click on iCloud.
- See the iCloud storage by clicking on the Manage Storage option.
- Now, you have to select the Backup option in the list. It will show you all the devices connected to your iCloud account.
- Choose your device from the connected device options.
- Choose the app you want to delete permanently after entering the Show All Apps option.
- Drag the white dot that will appear on the side of the app.
- Select Turn Off and Delete option when a dialogue box appears saying, “Do you want to turn off backups and delete the backup data from iCloud?”