New York truck rampage which was occurred on Tuesday took eight lives and made a dozen of people injured. The prime suspect of the attack was Sayfullo Saipov, a 29-year-old man who planned the attack a year ago. He told the investigators that he began planning the attack a year ago.
Suspect ‘Saipov’ said in a statement that he intended to kill as many as possible and it made him feel good about the Halloween Attack.
The suspect was an Uzbek immigrant who is now charged with federal terrorism charges. He said he was inspired by so-called Islamic State. The suspect was shot and injured at the crime spot by the police.
US President also tweeted over the indecent by saying “He should get death penalty”.
Sayfullo Saipov is now under charges which are federal which means the government can override New York state’s ban on capital punishment.
Just after the 24 hours of the incident, the suspect Saipov appeared in court in a wheelchair. He gave many confessions as according to the federal court papers. Some of them are:
- He was planning this since a year ago and for training, he rented a truck last month.
- He admitted that he chose Halloween by his own wish as there will be more rush on streets on that day.
- He also tagged the Brooklyn Bridge as well.
- He wanted to display Islamic State (IS) flag on the truck but didn’t drop this idea in order to avoid attention to himself.
- He was inspired by 90 graphics and violent propaganda videos found on his phone – in particular, one in which IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi asks what Muslims are doing to avenge deaths in Iraq.